In this article, I will be going over how to start a WordPress blog. Knowing how to start a WordPress blog can allow you to launch very successful online businesses.
A WordPress blog can serve as platforms for nearly everything. An increasing number of people are choosing self-hosting rather than the various free hosted options that are available.
Running a WordPress site is very easy. Getting everything started does require a lot of little steps here and there.
You are going to need to pay for your web hosting services when you decide to set up a self-hosting WordPress site. However, in many cases, it's only going to be around $10 or so in each month.
This is generally going to be easy for most people to pay, especially if this is a business website.
1. You will need to make sure you have a credit card handy to set up their self-hosted WordPress blog. You are also going to need a viable domain name. The entire process should take around twenty minutes or so. You do not need to register their domain names in advance in order to complete this process.
2. From here you are going to need to choose web hosting services. There are many different web hosting services available today.
3. Go to the web hosting service and read all about their Terms of Service. Enter the billing information and wait for the system to verify the credit card information.
4. Once the web hosting service receives the payments you will be able to create your password and establish all of your account details with the service. You can complete all of the details of their accounts at this step.
6. The web hosting service should have a section where you can enter in the information for the 'website.' Users can click on the 'install WordPress' logo.
7. The WordPress screen itself should appear. You will then need to click on the 'install' button.'
8. Select the domain upon which you want to install WordPress. There should be a 'check domain' feature you can click on in order to complete this step.
9. There should be an 'advanced options' marker at this point. You are going to need to enter in the information for the website title or the website name at this point. The web hosting service will select an administrator's user name and password at this point, and that is what you will need to accept.
10. You will then have to make it clear you have read all of the necessary terms and conditions. There should be an 'install now' button you can click in order to make the rest of the process complete. After a minute or two the installation process should generally be complete.
11. You will then select the indicated View Credentials button. From there you will be can get to the Notifications Center.
12. There should be an 'admin URL' link. Click on it. This will take you to the WordPress login page.
13. Enter the established username and password information.
14. There should be a 'remember me' checkbook, and you should click on it.
15. Then click on the 'log in' button.
16. If the WordPress Dashboard is in view this part of the process is going well. This is the back-end of the WordPress account.
The people who are going to visit the WordPress website will see the front-end of the site. The back-end of the WordPress account is where the users and the owners of the website have their control.
17. This is where you will write your first WordPress post. To be able to load your first blog post you will need some content such as an article you write, graphics, a You Tube video and so on.
18. On the left side of the menu there will be a 'posts add new' option. The New Post screen should then come into view.
19. From there you can enter in the title of this new post. There is a field directly below the title where you can write anything that interests them.
You might want to make this purely introductory post, or you may prefer to really get into the meat of your new blog.
At this stage, it doesn't matter. The important thing is you have something to signify your new blog has been created.
20. After the post has been created click on the 'publish' button. Once the post has been published it will be available online for everyone to see.
21. There will be a 'view post' link that will allow you to see whether or not the post actually went through and whether everything really worked.
22. You will want to bookmark you new WordPress blog to make it easier to find it later.
Check out elizabethredd.com as I post recent articles, ideas, and tutorial on my blog. You might find theses items of interest listed Below!
Thanks for reading this article! "Getting Your Own Host and Setting Up Your Blog Properly". I hope this article has been useful and gives you some ideas for starting your online blog.
Please leave a comment below and tell me a little bit about you and let me know if this article was beneficial to you.
Drop me a line on Facebook if you have any questions. If I could write about one thing to help with your blogging, what would it be?
If I could write about one thing to help with your blogging, what would it be? Leave your ideas Below!
Much Success with your Blogging
This community is worth spending time, learning and embracing the power of Online Blogging. As a community, we strive to provide the latest information on Online Blogging. We look forward to your participation and getting to know you, If I could write about one thing to help you with your Blogging, what would it be? Connect with me: www.elizabethredd.com